Wednesday 25 February 2009

The Secret Life Of Bees..

I just finished watching the movie, twice. It's a really good heartfelt story. It's set in '64 and incorporates as much love as there is racism and guilt. The soundtrack is amazing but evidently the producers didn't want to create a cd to go along with the movie. For some reason it underperformed in the box office but I really think that if you're in the mood for a good movie, that has great actors and a plot that revolves more around the characters, you should see it. I always had a small issue with Dakota Fanning, but after this movie she moved up and onto my favorite actress list. Queen Latifa, Alicia Keys, Jennifer Hudson, and my favorite Sophie Okonedo star in it too. I really don't want to give anything away, but SPOILER I'll let you know, it starts with Dakota's character Lily accidentally killing her mother when she was 4. The directing and setting was beautiful. Loved it. A solid 4/5.

Some of the Great songs:

Beautiful by India.Arie
Come See About Me by The Supremes
Doncha Know (Sky Is Blue) by Alicia Keys
I'm Alright by Little Anthony and the Imperials
Hippy Hippy Shake by Swinging Blue Jeans
It’s All Right by The Impressions.

No comments: